Sunday, October 15, 2006

Preview: blogger "tas"

An upcoming featured blogger wrote posting something downright hilarious, which I presume was in response to my recent interloping commentary at the "Loaded Mouth" blog (is that name a setup for a joke or what?).
The message is edited slightly to tone down the foul language a bit.
Memo to incoming trolls

In the past, I used to relish in tearing your stupid little arguments to shreds, but not only do I have the time to devote to doing such anymore, but I've also grown up. I know that may come as a dismaying thought to your immature asses, but it's true: I got a life and you didn't. Nyah nyah, you ****ing twits. I know it pains your attention whore asses to think that you won't be getting as much attention from me as I used to give you, but I limit my debates now to partners whom I see intelligence in and are willing to discuss all facets of an issue -- without resorting to the petty rhetorical devices of splitter hairs, dropping lame insults, and trying to "win" an argument instead of learning from a debate, the latter activity being the much more productive one.

I'm only blogging for another month (or less), so you won't have to worry about me for too much longer. But in the meantime, don't assume that you won't be censored if you swing by here. I have full rights to edit your comments, and I'll do whatever I find to be amusing, like changing your handle to something embarrassing or rearranging your words into fun statements like "I **** SHEEP!! THEY'S GOT TIGHT ARSEHOLES!" or "I LOVE RUSH LIMBAUGH'S SPERMY ****!" Or I'll just ban your IP address.

It all depends on my mood, you see. If I'm PO'ed and you're around, guess who I'm taking it out on?

To avoid this treatment -- and to get my attention for more than two minutes -- all you have to do is stop being a troll asshole and start being civil. It's pretty simple, no?
(LM)

A mark of the aforementioned maturity, no doubt.
I'll provide specific evidence later to cast serious doubt on tas' alleged ability to tear "your stupid little arguments to shreds."
The guy is seriously inept.

I think it's fair to count altering debate commentary--or even the threat of doing so--as one of the marks properly attributed to a bad blog.

I guarantee this as an accurate cut and paste, by the way, though I chose not to include the formatting that might have appeared between the title and the body of the text ("submitted by" along with the date ... that sort of thing).

Update: Within minutes of the replies I posted at "Loaded Mouth" just prior to posting at Bad Blogs' Blood, tas made good on his threat to alter the text of his blog commentary.
Another mark of maturity, no doubt. Heh.
Good thing I'd already recorded the conversations as they originally stood. That'll make doing the before and after comparisons both fun and easy.

No comments: